Foundation Course in Management with IELTS English
This course is intended for those with no previous experience, who want to start a career in management and improve their English at the same time.
A foundation degree will improve your core subjects that you will need to successfully enroll at your desired university. The Foundation Course in Management with IELTS English is introduced by Global College Malta for students who intend to proceed to study for a degree in management and related subjects. It is a unique course in that it has three components – Management Studies, English Language Studies, and Management Skills.
The aims of the course are to:
- Transfer basic management skills to the students
- Enable students to progress to the first year of a University programme to read for a management degree, or as intended, continue their Bachelor of Arts in Management at Global College Malta
- Through application of the language, develop a level of fluency in English that will provide students with a sound foundation for job applications and career advancement. (e.g. IELTS 6-6.5 at course completion). Extra Intensive English classes prior to the actual start of the course or choose not to take the English part of the Course if you are of the required standard in English.
The course will contribute significantly to further development of key competences identified by the MQF, i.e Communication in a Foreign Language, Mathematical Competence, Digital Competence, Learning to Learn, Social and Civic Competence, Sense of Initiative and Entrepreneurship, and Cultural Awareness and Expression.
We have now introduced the Foundation Course in Management without English. This is targeting those students whose English level is minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent.
Do I need to do a foundation course?
Each individual comes from different backgrounds. If you studied your high school outside of the UK, you may need to take a foundation course prior to your bachelor degree. Certain countries have their compulsory education shorter than that in the UK. In these instances, a foundation course is a necessity. To be eligible for a university according to British standards, you have to meet certain criteria for admission. Our Foundation Course will help prepare you for an IELTS examination aiming to improve your English to a standard equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above and for successful further studies at the undergraduate level.
Click here to view the modules, outlines for each module and assessment methods.
- Foundation Course in Management – 44 ECTS
- Foundation Course in Management with IELTS English – 60 ECTS
Applicants should be able to provide one of the following:
- GCE/IGCSE – 5, Grade C or better
- CBSE/HSSC or equivalent (India) – 60%
- American High School – Certificate Pass
- Tawjihiyya (Arabic system) – 70%
- IB less than 24
- WAEC / NECO 5 C grades
- If an applicant does not meet the above requirements or if different certificates are used in the applicant’s country, any other relevant qualification(s) and/or evidence of relevant experience will be reviewed by the GCM Admissions Panel to agree their acceptance for entry.
Prior Industry Experience:
- Evidence of relevant experience will be reviewed by the GCM academic panel to agree the student’s acceptance entry
- English minimum IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements in English Language will be offered a 6-week English Preparatory Course prior to the start off the Foundation Course in Management with English. The entrance requirements for the English Preparatory Course are an IELTS score of 4.0 or equivalent. If you don’t meet this requirement or need to improve your English, GCM offers a range of English language courses to supplement your studies. We can also arrange a placement test for you in order to evaluate your understanding of the English language. One of our English language lecturers will then use the results to decide whether you have enough English language knowledge to take the course, or whether you will need supplementary lessons.
Duration and Start Dates
Duration: 40 weeks
Start date: September 2016
For more information about time tables, please contact us.
- Foundation Course in Management with IELTS English
Maltese Residents and EU students: € 6,000
Non-EU students: € 6,000
- Foundation Course in Management (without English)
Maltese Residents and EU students: € 3,400
Non-EU students: € 5,000
Students can pay their fees in instalments. Please contact us for further details.
The Foundation Course in Management with English is fully accredited and approved by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education Malta (NCFHE). It is also approved and rated by the Malta Qualifications Framework at Level 4.